Friday, February 25, 2011

Tomatillo Sauce

Just a quick and small recipe. This is one I find that I use quite a bit. It is very versatile, and can be adapted to many things. I am putting it up now though as it is a small in integral part of a dish that I will be putting up shortly.

Tomatillo Sauce


This is really a straight forward recipe. I use it as a base for many things from here. If you would like feel free to add some cilantro or a bit of lime juice. I tend to tailor it to the dish. Many of the people I have made this for are fine dipping chips in it as a salsa. The key in the end in the salt and pepper to your taste.

1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 lb Tomatillo, Fresh Rough Chopped
1 ea Medium onion chopped
3 ea Garlic Clove, crushed
1 each jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired and
minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1 Heat Medium saucepan over Medium heat.

2 Add Tomatillo, Garlic, Jalapeno and Onion.

3 Simmer until tomatillo breaks down and sauce thickens (about 45 minutes) Stirring occasionally.

4 Place mixture in blender and puree till smooth. (if adding lime juice or Cilantro this is the time)

5 Season with salt and pepper to taste.
 
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment