Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So the dice are cast.

Today I was asked and cast my dice. I like to think that I listen to people very well. I know sometime it may not seem like I hear them but I do. I have a few people in my life that have the funniest way of saying exactly what I need to hear at the exact moment that I need to hear it. Not when I am looking for advice or input, just general conversation, but they say something that clicks.

Last year I had a letter of recommendation written for me, at the interview, I was asked if I knew what the letter said. As the letter was sealed when I received and turned it in I said I did not (which was true). And I was told that the letter spoke very highly of my integrity. I figured this traced back to a competition that I won, where I could of taken credit for the win on my own, and the person that had worked with me would of been 100% fine with it. I shared credit for this with her, as she was an equal member of the team, and was just a part of the win as I was. Thank you Chef.

I bring this up because of who wrote this I have felt like since then I have to live up to it even more. Honestly works best. If you lie, you have to remember the lie. That in itself is harder than just accepting the consequences of your actions.

I don't take credit for work I did not do, and give credit where it is due.

Rewards are best when they are actually earned, and I won’t push my friends out of the way for my needs. It is not I don’t consider it "selfless" just honest.

Enough with the endless babble, onto the culinary side.

So chefs get a flavor profile stuck in their heads. When they do, they will sometime explore it till they never want to taste it again. I am in one of those modes right now. The victim is.......

Cherry Anise.
This may sound like a weird one, but one night it came to me and has been stuck with me. Jam, Sauce and even a cupcake. It is nice, the jam itself will can be used as a base of the sauce or as a cake filling when done right.

But for the dish with the sauce I see it going along these lines:

Placed on a bed of wild rice which carries a very nutty flavor would be placed medallions of roasted pork tenderloin. This would be topped with the Cherry Anise sauce, that has a touch of soy sauce added to it.

Be Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment