Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shopping Choices.

We always tell our friends when we have a bad shopping experince, but it is not often enough that we tell them about a good one. So here you go.

I live in Houston, so that means I have a lot of choices of where to spend my money. When I decided to re-launch this blog with the intention on being an outlet for my recipes I knew the plating and presentation would be important. I shopped around and found what I was looking for at Sur La Table. So now whenever I am around City Centre (this is a new store, I used to visit a different one), I will stop in just to look around.

When I was working on the Sriracha wings, I knew a remekin was in order for the dressing. After I put the chicken in the oven I ran over to Sur La Table to pick a couple up. One of the great things about getting all of my plates for the blog there, is that I can compare actual items together before I buy them. I bought them and returned home in time to get the wings out of the oven. As I was pulling them out of the bag I noticed that the price marked was not the same as what was charged. So I sent them a quick email just to let them know, as we were only talking about a couple of dollars, I was not worried about taking them back to get a price adjustment or anything.  I instantly got an email back tell me to just give them a call and they would sort it out. I did and well it was taken care of in a matter of two minutes, no hassels or attitude.

I always liked Sur La Table to begin with, due mainly to selection and price. It is really nice to be able to go to a store and always get fast and curtous service, no sales clerks followng you around trying to sell you everything you dont want or need.

If you have not been there check it out, with the service I received this time, they have earned the spot of being my first stop when shopping for culinary items.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment